This year the Central European Association for Canadian Studies has 187 members, of whom 162 are academics and 22 students; 3 members are independent researchers. For more detailed information for each country, see below.
Members are reminded that membership in the CEACS must be renewed every year by 31 March at the latest. If this is not done, you will no longer be eligible for CEACS benefits (for example conference grants). Even though your country representative should get in touch with you before that date, there may be some slip-up, so please keep this deadline in mind
Membership in the CEACS/AECEC is open to all teachers, students and other individuals with an interest in Canadian Studies. Click here for the membership application form and instructions on where it should be sent.
The application deadline every year is 31 March. After that date, those who are interested in joining the association will have to wait until the following year to become members. This restriction is related to the question of transparency as to who is eligible for CEACS/AECEC benefits.
- 17 academics, from the following institutions: New Bulgarian University, Sofia; Sofia University; South Western University, Blagoevgrad; University of National and World Economy, Sofia; Bremen University, Germany; Simon Fraser University, Vancouver, Canada
- 8 academics and 1 student, from the following institutions: University of Rijeka; University of Split; University of Zadar; University of Zagreb
- 29 academics and 4 students from the following institutions and 2 independent researchers: University of South Bohemia, České Budějovice; Masaryk University, Brno; Charles University, Prague; Academy of Performing Arts, Prague; University of Technology, Brno; University of West Bohemia, Plzeň; Metropolitan University, Prague; University of Ostrava; University of Hradec Králové; Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Prague; United Faculties of Feira de Santana, Bahia, Brazil
- 27 academics and 6 students from the following institutions and 3 independent researchers: Pázmány Péter Catholic University, Budapest; Budapest Business School (BGE); Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Budapest; Károli Gáspár University of the Reformed Church, Budapest; Eötvös Loránd University, Budapest; University of Vienna; University of Szeged; University of Physical Education, Budapest; Kodolányi János University of Applied Sciences, Székesfehérvár; Pázmány Péter Catholic University, Piliscsaba; Óbudai University, Budapest; University of Debrecen; University of Pécs; Pannon University, Veszprém; National Library of Foreign Literature, Budapest; Visual World
Link to the website of the Hungarian chapter of the CEACS: http://kanadistak.hu/
- 24 academics and 2 students, from the following institutions: Al. I. Cuza University of Iasi; Dunarea de Jos University of Galati; University of Bucharest; Military Technical Academy, Bucharest; University of Agronomic Sciences and Veterinary Medicine of Bucharest; West University of Timişoara; University of Economics, Bucharest; Babes-Bolyai University of Cluj-Napoca; North University, Baia Mare; Erciyes University, Kayseri, Turkey
- 28 academics and 8 students, from the following institutions: University of Belgrade; University of Banja Luka; Mathematical Grammar School, Belgrade; Braca Karic University, Belgrade; University of Niš; University of Novi Sad; University of Pristina; University of Montenegro, Podgorica; University of Kragujevac; State University of Novi Pazar; Sinergija University, Bijeljina; University of Defence, Belgrade
- 9 academics and 2 students, from the following institutions: Comenius University, Bratislava; Matej Bel University, Banská Bystrica; Catholic University, Ružomberok; University of Žilina
- 10 academics, from the following institutions: University of Ljubljana; University of Maribor; University of Primorska, Koper
- 8 academics, from the following institutions: University of New Brunswick, Fredericton, New Brunswick; Acadia University, Wolfville, Nova Scotia; University of Graz, Austria; Yuriy Fedkovych Chernivtsi National University, Ukraine; University of Cologne, Germany; Institute of Science and Technology, Klosterneuburg, Austria